What is Yii?
Yii is a high-performance PHP framework, not so complicated like Symphony or Zend.
The graph below shows how efficient Yii is. We compared Yii with other PHP frameworks.
In the graph, RPS (request per second) describes how many requests an application can process per second. The higher the number, the more efficient a framework is.
As we can see that Yii outperforms all other frameworks in this comparison. The performance advantage of Yii is especially significant when the widely used APC extension is enabled.
What about Yii features?
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Database Access Objects (DAO), Query Builder, Active Record, DB Migration
- Form input and validation
- AJAX-enabled widget
- Authentication and authorization
- Skinning and theming
- Web services
- Internationalization (I18N) and localization (L10N)
- Layered caching scheme
- Error handling and logging
- Unit and functionality testing
- Automatic code generation
- Friendly with third-party code
- Detailed documentation
- Extension library
all what you need ;)
My personal experience.
To test this framework, i create an online CV – www.kasparaitis.lt.
I have seen it was easy and intresting.
Further development of this project and will write a more detailed description.
If you are looking framework, why not Yii? Easy for beginners and full of features for more advanced users.